sexta-feira, 1 de junho de 2012

True Love Lasts a Lifetime

 Barbie Benetton

It was 1990, I was 4 and this was the thing I wanted the most, Barbie Benetton.
It was the most none-Barbie Barbie that I had ever seen and I loved everything about her. The clothes, the bag, the attitude. You think Barbies can't have attitudes and personalities? You're wrong! They can and they all do! This one, she was cooler than the Barbies with big pink prom dresses, cause she wore leggings and had a hat. She had a fashion sense that went beyond ruffles and glitter. This Barbie was going somewhere and have many adventures. I mean, she did have a backpack after all...
I remember my parents gave one to my godparents' daughter and I remember saying I wanted one too. But I was a good kid. I only asked things once, instead of a million times like kids do today. And I guess my parents must have forgotten. The kids now are onto something! 
I had a lot of Barbies though, a lot and I loved them all. I still do, but this one...This one was the one who got away and I loved her more for that!
It was so sad to have never had her. To have never been able to play with her. Change her outfit, brush her hair. Make up a billion stories with her... It's still so sad!
Today is Children's Day (at least in Portugal) and I'm here to tell the world that although I'm 25 (almost almost 26), I'm still a kid and I still want her.  More than a Chanel bag or a pair of Louboutins. More than anything in the world really...
How about you? What's the thing you wanted the most as kid and never got? Does it still make you sad when you think about it? Let me know!
Enjoy children's day and let your inner child come out, every single day!

 Estávamos em 1990, eu tinha 4 anos e esta era a coisa que mais queria neste mundo, a Barbie Benetton.
Era a Barbie menos Barbie que eu já tinha visto e eu adorava tudo nela. As roupas, a mala, a atitude. Acham que as Barbies não têm atitude e personalidade? Estão enganados! Todas elas têm! Esta era mais fixe que as Barbies de vestidos côr-de-rosa enormes. porque usava leggings e chapéu. Ela tinha estilo! Não eram só folhos e brilhantes! Esta Barbie ia viajar e ter aventuras. Quer dizer, ela tinha uma mochila, por isso...
Lembro-me dos meus pais oferecerem uma à filha dos meus padrinhos e lembro-me de dizer que também queria uma. Mas eu era uma miúda pouco pedinchona. Pedia uma coisa uma vez e pronto, não fazia a birra que os miúdos fazem hoje em dia. E assim os meus pais devem-se ter esquecido. Os putos de agora é que sabem! Eu tinha muitas Barbies e gostava delas todas, mas esta, esta foi aquela que me escapou e, por isso, gostava ainda mais dela.
Foi tão triste nunca a ter tido, nunca ter brincado com ela, mudar-lhe a roupa e pentear-lhe o cabelo. Tão triste nunca poder ter inventado um bilião de histórias com ela...Ainda é triste!
Hoje, no Dia da Criança, estou aqui para dizer ao mundo que, apesar de ter 25 anos (quase quase 26) ainda sou aquela miúda e ainda quero esta Barbie. Mais do que uma Chanel ou uns Louboutins. Mais do que tudo, na verdade...
E quanto a vocês, há alguma coisa que sempre tenham querido em criança e nunca tenham tido? Ainda vos deixa triste? Contem-me a vossa história!
E tenham um óptimo dia da criança! Não se esqueçam de ser um bocadinho crianças todos os dias!

Follow me on FACEBOOK , TWITTER and BLOGLOVIN
Thanks for stopping by! :)
Obrigada pela visita! :)

3 comentários:

Unknown disse...

só para te fazer inveja... eu tive essa Barbie :)

beijinhos

Diana Teodoro disse...

Buahhh! ;(

Cláudia de Castro Ferreira disse...

que giro, não me lembro desta Barbie xD .. Mas sei que a minha preferida era uma de cabelo castanho, top verde e calças pretas .. o que e' curioso, tendo em conta a minha paixão pelo rosa x)

C *