segunda-feira, 19 de dezembro de 2011

Dark Surfers - Gisele for Givenchy Spring/Summer 2012


Gisele Bündchen is the new face of Givenchy for S/S 2012. The model was shot by Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott under a dark beach sky, proving that summer doesn't have to be all sunny and colorful. It kinda reminds of the beach in the movie Twilight, don't you think (disclaimer: I watched the first movie and I liked it, but I'm not a crazy Twilight fan, that passes out when she sees Robert Pattinson or Taylor Lautner without a shirt ok? So chill!)? It's hard to think of this as a summer campaign but it's so stunning no one really cares. I don't really like to think of  things as being intentional, specially in fashion, but maybe this really was meant to push the boundaries of what we think makes a season. 

Gisele Bündchen é a nova cara da Givenchy para a próxima P/V 2012. A modelo foi fotografada   na praia por Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott, sob um céu escuro e nublado,  mostrando que o Verão pode ser muito mais que apenas solarengo e colorido. Lembra-me um bocadinho a praia do Twilight, não acham (disclaimer: vi o primeiro filme da saga e gostei, mas não sou nenhuma fã louca que desmaia quando vê o Robert Pattinson ou o Taylor Lautner sem camisola, por isso, relaxem ok?) ? É difícil pensar nestas, como uma campanha de Verão, mas a campanha é tão fnatástica que acho que ninguém quer saber da estação que promove. Não gosto de pensar que há sempre uma intenção por trás das coisas, especialmente no mundo da moda, mas talvez esta campanha queira mesmo obrigar-nos a repensar aquilo que faz uma estação.

2 comentários:

SymbioticLife disse...

You know, I'm not really sure what makes a season anymore. I like to wear my summer clothes layered on top of smart woolly layers. I see surfers, still braving the elements trying to catch the waves out in the bitter cold. This is a stunning pictoral. Love it.

Diana Teodoro disse...

I also wear my summer clothes layered all year long, but that's cause the seasons are kinda mixed up and it's a great way to save money as well!